Monday, March 29, 2010

The pattern book has been found - and may never leave my house again after this! What a wonderful relief.

I finished the February Lady Sweater last night. It is blocking now - thank goodness for the Ravelry notes that let me know it would grown significantly when blocked. It is two inches wider and four inches longer than it was when I was done knitting. I think that should make it just about perfect but I won't know for another day or two.

I have two and a half skeins of Malabrigo worsted left - that is about 500 yards. I think I will make a felted bag with it. That should make a nice sized bag and I can try out some of the felted flower patterns I have in a new-to-me book to decorate it.

For now I am knitting some hats for babies that will be born very soon. I found a skein of the Green Eyed Monster's "Weasley's Wizard Wheezes" superwash merino. It seemed like the perfect yarn to use for twins! They should be done in another day or two and then I can send them to the family. I remember how much I loved the hand knits people gave each of our babies - it is fun to do that for other people now.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

curious minds want to know -- was the book in a strange place?

Also let me know how you like the february sweater .... considering it for myself.

Shantimama said...

The book was under a pile of dress up clothes in the girls' bedroom. One of them had taken it to look through and forgotten to put it back!

I love the february sweater - I may even make another one!