Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yikes - has it really been almost two months??

I am going to have to take some pictures tomorrow and update things here. I have been doing a lot of knitting!

Biggest worry right now is that I have misplaced the binder with all of my loose patterns in it, including several that I have not had a chance to try yet. I have twenty years of collected patterns in there, some of them favourites. I have looked everywhere I can think of but no luck yet. Maybe tomorrow, right?

What is on the needles at the moment?

The purple monstrosity is a few rows longer. Not very impressive but it will be finished before I turn 50, I am sure, even if only because I want to free up the needles.

A Noro Silk Garden striped scarf. It is the second one I have made - such a fun and easy knit. Very satisfying.

A pair of Fleece Garden socks waiting to be frogged - love the yarn, hate the pattern. Not sure I want to put this yarn on my feel after all.

The February Lady Sweater in Denim Malabrigo. Still wondering about this one. I would hate to frog it at this point but I am not sure it is one I will want to wear once it is done. It took three tries to get it going properly which surprised me because it is not a difficult pattern. Knitting this sweater to work through insomnia may have had something to do with the problems, I admit.

And finished since my last post?

Samus in Madelinetosh Eyre, the softest, most beautiful yarn ever. I can't wait until it available in some new colourways again! Not crazy about how the sleeves set in the sweater, but I have worn it around the house a few times.

A wavy prayer shawl for a woman I know who has lost far too much this past year. I will take a picture of it tomorrow before I bring it to her.

I love to knit. For some reason I don't always love the finished objects which is great news for my friends and family but not so great for my own wardrobe. Maybe this will be the year that turns around. I will still be happy to give away much of my knitting, but it would also be nice to be a knitter who occasionally wears hand knit items!

No comments: